Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay people's mentality

Essay people's mentality

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Example research essay topic Colonial Mentality Martin Heidegger

Essay people's mentality

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Картинки по запросу essay people s mentality

ben stein cbs essay There's this e-mail that makes the essay mentality, rounds now and then. It's always reported as being written by Ben Stein, though actually only the and driving, first part of essay mentality, it is (the bit about Christmas trees). You should be able to get the graduate, basic idea of what the e-mail says because the text of the entire e-mail is people's mentality embedded in between my responses, but if you're interested in the original article itself and the validity thereof, you might want to read these things first: Anyway, my mother forwarded this to me (as it was forwarded to her) and graduate admission essay she said, Love to hear your response to this. And respond I did. After writing it, I decided some of the points I made were things I wanted to essay people's, say on graduate admission essay, my site, so here they are. The e-mail text is in the Courier font. Enjoy! The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. People's. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. Contrast. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees. Very true. Christmas trees are Christmas trees.

Well, considering many people decorate them because they're carrying on a tradition they don't even realize was invented to celebrate Pagan traditions, this is a bit ironic, but I don't have any problem with someone decorating a tree in essay mentality celebration of Christmas if they think it helps their holiday seem merrier. Essays On Drinking. I do have to wonder what they think a decorated tree has to do with Jesus, though. Ancient Pagans revered a tree that could stay green in essay mentality winter as a symbol of the Green Man's birth and a promise of spring. Contrast Statement. If a Christian has any insight as to why they celebrate Christmas on December 25th even though the Bible makes it obvious that the birth couldn't have happened in the dead of winter, I'd love to hear it. But considering it's always been common knowledge (among those who actually pay attention to the past, that is) that early Christians deliberately appropriated the time frames and celebration styles of the cultures they were trying to indoctrinate as it made conversion easier, I think I already have my answer as to what Christmas trees symbolize. Essay People's Mentality. . . Essay. . It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, Merry Christmas to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of mentality, like it.

It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. Assessment. It doesn't bother me at essay all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu . If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away. It doesn't really bother me to get wished a Merry Christmas, but acting as though everyone really celebrates it even if they don't believe in God is the attitude I don't appreciate. We're NOT all brothers and acceptance speech essay sisters celebrating this happy time of mentality, year any more than we're all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of compare contrast thesis statement, year when the essay mentality, kids get out of assessment, school and essay mentality talk about summer vacation as if everyone gets to go on leave just because they are. I don't know about you, but I have to work even if it's summer, so summer vacation doesn't apply to me and I wouldn't want people to assume I'm celebrating it. I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for a paper for college, being Christians.

I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of people's, getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in paper the Constitution and essay I don't like it being shoved down my throat. Nobody likes getting pushed around for research paper, anything they hold dear. That's universal.

It's not just the people who believe in God. Essay People's. And I've got news for anyone who thinks everyone's pushing people who believe in God around: More than 98% of the people in the world believe in essays some form of supreme spiritual being, and the remaining maybe one and a half percent are NOT bossing around the rest of you in people's a dictatorship. They're just not. People who believe in God are in power. Contrast Statement. Known atheists are significantly less likely to get elected for public office than even homosexuals, and we all know how much the Religious Right hates THEM. If not being a theist basically means everyone thinks you don't have the moral integrity or the proper values to lead, that means you don't get to whine that you're getting pushed around for believing in God.

You should NOT be offended that your faith gets attacked when it steps in places it was never meant to step. Many people who believe in essay God still don't believe other people should be forced or encouraged by government or society to believe in essay their religions. Nobody claims America is an explicitly atheist country. In fact, many places in America are the most religious on Earth--Europe is a lot more atheist than we are. People's. The Constitution doesn't say we should not believe in contrast statement essay God. It just says that we should never establish an official religion or use the government's power to enforce adherance to essay people's mentality, any religious creed whatsoever. For College. Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the people's mentality, idea come from that we should worship Nick and Jessica and we aren't allowed to obama acceptance, worship God as we understand Him?

I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where Nick and Jessica came from and people's where the empirical, America we knew went to. . . . Is someone saying somewhere that worship should be transferred to essay people's, celebrities and argumentative now thou shalt not worship God how you want? Yes, where DID this idea come from? From this e-mail. Because nobody is saying that. In light of the many jokes we send to one another for essay people's, a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to and driving, be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking. People's Mentality. Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her How could God let something like this happen? (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an purchase a paper, extremely profound and insightful response. She said, I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to essay, get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone? Ahh yes.

Katrina (or 9/11, or Turkish earthquakes, or fires in California) happened because of purchase a paper, what humans did to God. Essay Mentality. Wow. This has to be one of the most stunningly ignorant and ARROGANT statements I've ever heard. First off, Billy Graham's daughter is speaking for God, and right there that's the picture of arrogance. She's claiming that because some people did some things that won't let her religion get its grubby little fingers into the nooks and statement crannies that the Constitution decrees it shouldn't, God reared back and essay people's said Fine then. Have a natural disaster and paper see how you like it! (But I'll make sure to aim it at essay people's a place where no direct correlation can be drawn, so people like Billy Graham can claim it's because of homos or abortion being tolerated there.) I don't know if people who say this kind of thing are really just this short-sighted, but guess what? Natural disasters have ALWAYS happened. Essay. And they are just that: Natural. Forest fires and hurricanes and floods and earthquakes exist because they are part of how nature renews itself.

They are side effects of mentality, a planet with weather systems and empirical research paper a plate tectonics mechanism, and that's a fact. THEY HAPPENED LONG BEFORE HUMANS GOT HERE. People's. Can they seriously believe that putting the smackdown on obama acceptance speech, display of the essay, Ten Commandments or something like that could CAUSE natural disasters? What's really ironic about this is that probably almost all of them have shrugged and said that's absurd! when presented with the idea that some American Indians believe in rain dances. Assessment Essay Rubrics. But secondly, the bit about being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out . . . I hardly even know how to start. People's Mentality. Maybe I shouldn't, and should just say . . . if you think God's way as described in the Judeo-Christian tradition is to calmly back out when denied or ignored because of being such a gentleman, then . . Empirical. . you should READ A BIBLE.

Because you obviously HAVEN'T. The God of Abraham is only the most jealous, obsessive, foul-tempered, bad-mannered deity in all of Western literature. When he says don't look back and you look back, you get turned into a pillar of salt. And on a grander scale, if God gets sick of the way everyone's acting, He tends to mentality, do things like, oh, flood the whole world and drown everyone. God of the research, Bible is extremely intolerant, especially of anything that involves belief in essay mentality and respect of HIM. Not to assessment essay, mention that if He backed out, does that mean the hurricane or terrorist attack or earthquake happened by itself because His presence disappeared? Or does it mean He sent it in retaliation for our actions? (That last sounds more like Him, as per essay people's the Bible.) Regardless of whether it's Him standing by and doing nothing in the wake of a disaster or whether He sent them purposely, is this gentlemanly behavior, Anne? The statement Billy Graham's daughter made was hardly profound and empirical research insightful.

It was just a demonstration of mentality, ignorance and assessment rubrics arrogance . . . and furthermore, sadly, it is all too prevalent an essay, attitude among those who think themselves the compare, true followers of God's real message. In light of recent events. terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. Essay Mentality. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in assessment essay our schools, and we said OK. Wait, things started going wrong recently? You found a starting point of humans-ignoring-God-related disasters? This is getting silly! Maybe this is a joke e-mail after all. School is a government-run institution. If you want to have a moment of silence for some reason, dandy. But you can't announce that it's prayer time and essay people's mentality definitely can't dictate a correct prayer to speech, the students because doing so is people's directly in opposition to the Constitution's tenets.

And yes, leading students in admission writers prayer or suggesting anything that they should be praying about in a school setting DOES indicate that this is the school's position on such things. If your family was Christian and you were taught Christianity all your life but then you just happened to be the minority in some area, I would think you would be grateful for any rule that says your children wouldn't be subjected to the majority religion in a place they are required by essay people's mentality, law to go every day. Then someone said you better not read the writers, Bible in school The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and people's love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK. Actually if you take certain parts of the Bible as literature they are interesting parables, and it's true that no understanding of compare contrast essay, Western literature is complete without at essay people's least a basic understanding of the Old and essay rubrics New Testaments' contribution to people's mentality, the body of research, literature. Essay. In fact, I read the story of Job in high school as required reading, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with that assignment. Reading the Bible is not outlawed in school. Teaching it as if it should be regarded as the eternal, inerrant Word of God is another matter. And the argumentative essays on drinking and driving, Bible says a hell of a lot more than thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself.

The Bible does NOT have the monopoly on morality, and the Bible is not the only place you can find it. People learn everyday courtesy, morals, and important social concepts in school all the time without any help from religion, and nobody thinks it's wrong to teach don't kill, don't steal, and love your neighbor. It's just that the document that's been repeatedly posted and removed in classrooms worldwide is a RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE. So most people who want this doctrine posted in essay people's schools hop up and down screaming there's nothing wrong with the essays and driving, Ten Commandments! Even if they came from essay people's mentality, a religious source they're still a good idea! Our children need moral guidance! But do they even KNOW what the commandments are? I think there are only four of them that are obviously good ideas in all situations, and then there are two more that are probably good ideas in argumentative essays and driving most situations. Then there are four that are specifically religious and outside the context of the religion they are irrelevant. Yes, it's a good idea to essay people's, not murder, not steal, not lie, and not commit adultery. And yes, it's usually a good idea to honor your father and mother (though what exactly does that mean, and what if your dad tells you you should do something that this list says thou shalt not??), and it's usually a good idea to not covet (though again what exactly that means is purchase a paper for college a little hairy--are they saying you shouldn't be jealous--a feeling you really can't help, since it's in the human nature supposedly created by this God--or are they just saying you shouldn't try to get it for your own?

That's already covered in stealing, I thought). But then, thou shalt have no other gods before me, thou shalt not make idols (or graven images), thou shalt remember the Sabbath, and thou shalt not take the lord's name in vain . . . these are RELIGIOUS. Essay People's Mentality. EXPLICITLY SO. They are not just good ideas. They are specific religious practices. And if a school or other government-funded institution posts these things, this is the same as declaring a position, which is unconstitutional. It is illegal to admission essay, not pay your taxes. People's. I think it's only fair that it be illegal to graduate admission essay writers, use the tax money to support actions that break the same laws that say I have to pay the taxes.

It's a double standard, and it's wrong and essay people's mentality stupid. Not to empirical research, mention I somehow doubt that it's because the Ten Commandments weren't on essay, the wall of the classroom that some kids got disgusted and purchase a paper started a school shooting. Saying that's the case is misdirection of the worst kind. How many psychotic people have murdered others specifically in essay mentality the name of God? A lot. Writers. What they had in common was being psychotic.

And considering the mentality, Old Testament depicts one of its heroes being willing to sacrifice his son to graduate admission writers, God because he heard a voice in his head saying God wanted him to essay, kill his kid as a show of faith, I don't think the Bible is necessarily a good document to help people figure out where their morals should lie. A modern dad who did that would totally get put away. Think he shouldn't? Maybe we should read that ol' Bible a little more to get our morals on straight. Then Dr.

Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK. Paper. This is kind of non sequitur. Child rearing is different for mentality, everyone and there are experts on both sides for and against spanking. Is this e-mail trying to essay, tell me that if we teach children that all their transgressions will be answered with violence, they will grow into essay, less violent people? I think it's important that there be CONSEQUENCES and acceptance that children recognize that their actions have effects.

If there is an understanding, a connection, between a mistake and its consequences, children learn. Maybe some don't learn as well if the consequence isn't physically painful. I don't know, but like I said, this doesn't really have much to do with anything. (Oh yeah, and Dr. Spock doesn't have a son who committed suicide, either. What a rotten thing to essay people's, make up and assessment rubrics spin so it looks like Spock's advice hurts children so badly that they kill themselves. Smooth. One of his grandsons, who was schizophrenic, did commit suicide, but it'd be disgusting to essay people's mentality, assume that a mentally ill young man must have killed himself because his grandfather didn't know what he was doing when it came to child-rearing. It's horrifying that someone would take a family's personal tragedy and try to make it an advertisement for admission essay writers, the truth of a unrelated religious agenda!) Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and essay people's mentality why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Except that people have been shaking their heads at the state of the world and thesis statement whining about kids today since antiquity. It is no worse today than it was. It's just DIFFERENT, which makes some people think it's worse. I guarantee you, if you went back in time a few hundred years, say to people's, the time of slavery, and saw that white masters were allowed to torture or kill their slaves just because they were thought sub-human due to their skin color, you would shake your head and say OH, what has happened to the state of the world? This is upside-down! How can people be so cruel? We would never act like this in my time! That's just how it was then, and it was horrible, and now the horrible things in our world regarding how we treat each other just happen to be different. We're not really going in a downward spiral. Some things are worse than they were, and some are better.

Believe it or not, documents like the Ten Commandments were written in the times of the early Jews thousands of years ago specifically BECAUSE morals have always been a struggle for the human species. Making a generalization that children today have no conscience and writers kill people and claiming it has something to do with a lack of God in people's mentality their lives is obscenely ignorant. During the Crusades Christian soldiers killed strangers for God plenty of times, and during the Inquisition witch-hunters tortured people in the name of what God wanted (by their understanding of a paper for college, Him--and I guarantee you, it was Bible-based). Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to people's mentality, do with WE REAP WHAT WE SOW. Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the obama, newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Considering believing in people's God, being religious, or even attending church has NO correlation with being a good person, I'd say this is contrast essay misleading. People's Mentality. It is not God that keeps people on research, the straight and narrow--and it never was.

If anyone honestly thinks that declaring martial law and force-feeding everyone a Judeo-Christian, Bible-based education would make the world a better place, they are completely nuts. They tried that in seventeenth-century England. Guess what happened? The United States of America happened. People ran away from that kind of brutality, that kind of enforced adherence to a specific moral philosophy as seen by the ruling party, and they started their own place where people would be free to think what they wanted about God and everything else. This society WAS founded on freedom--NOT on God. This country's founders, the people who wrote the Constitution, were Deists, and many of them weren't even Christian in the real sense of the essay, word. When they wrote in our founding document that there should be no officially recognized state religion, they spelled out that they meant freedom of essay, religion--and freedom FROM it, if desired. They did NOT mean This great new country is going to be a place where people can worship Our Idea of God any way they want based on people's mentality, Judeo-Christian values. If you're going to moan about where the essay, America we used to know went to, try taking a look at what it's become compared with what it was meant to be. Essay. Our country's motto is now In God We Trust, and assessment essay idiots who seek to essay mentality, pull the wool over our eyes act as though it's always been that way.

Nope. It became our motto in 1956. It used to be E Pluribus Unum. Out of many, one. And that was the a paper for college, intention of the people who WROTE the founding documents. (In 1782, incidentally. It has a bit more history than In God We Trust. Essay People's. Especially since it's Latin.) We ended up with a motto that doesn't represent all of us because the empirical research paper, people in power believe this way. How dare you claim YOU'RE the mentality, ignored, the shunned, the stepped-upon when it's your bigotry and small-mindedness that's causing a lot of the problems we have . Compare Statement Essay. . . and essay mentality now you're blaming the problems on people's failure to further accept your hijacked platform! Those of purchase, us who don't believe in people's God the empirical, way you do--or don't believe in God at all--generally practice religious tolerance. We have to do so in essay order to avoid committing immoral acts like killing, lying, and stealing--we have to argumentative essays and driving, tolerate you because it is essay people's your right to thesis essay, practice something even if it's dumb, and we aren't planning on killing you, lying about you, or stealing your country to deny you that pleasure.

Unfortunately you're trying to do that to us, and you have always done so because those are the kinds of essay people's, morals you find in those Bibles of yours. You complain that we take them out contrast thesis, of the schools and that's why people don't know what's in them, but DO YOU? Do you know in what situations God recommends that you kill your enemies? Do you know that God commands His followers to do so countless times in those stories? Do you even realize that that's what you're essentially doing? You're trying to bury us as if it's a sad state of mentality, affairs that your religion isn't in charge of purchase a paper, what people do and essay mentality think. What's a sad state of affairs is when people think it needs to assessment essay, be.

Morals are perfectly capable of being taught and passed down outside of a religious context. Do you refrain from robbing banks simply because you know the police will probably catch you and throw you in jail? Or do you refrain because you know that money isn't yours and people's it's wrong to do it? I vote for argumentative on drinking, the latter. People's. And I for one have never needed the looming figure of an angry God in my head threatening me with hellfire in order to behave like a decent human being.

I behave decently because my mother taught me to respect other people and do things to and for rubrics, them only to essay people's, increase their happiness, if possible. (Or at least don't hurt them.) I never heard her say one word about purchase a paper, how if I behaved badly I would get punished by God, nor did she tell me I should depend for my sense of what is right and wrong on a book. I have a conscience because I am human and I had good morals socially reinforced in my mind before it was fully formed by people's, a GOOD UPBRINGING, not because I follow any particular God. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and empirical paper they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the essay people's mentality, Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of essay, God is suppressed in the school and workplace. Are you laughing? Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it. I wouldn't send this to anyone on MY address list because it's a bunch of preachy, hypocritical bullshit. Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of mentality, us. Or what some arrogant son-of-a-bitch is trying to tell me God thinks of me because of my unwillingness to follow a revealed text written by men thousands of graduate admission essay writers, years ago.

The men who wrote the books of the essay, Bible probably didn't know what was good for my soul any more than the doctors of that time knew what was good for my body. Obama Acceptance Speech. Speaking for God like this just takes the people's mentality, cake. Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it. no one will know you did. Obama Acceptance Speech. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.

Yeah, I guess if I don't pass on this drivel, it means I lose my rights to complain. That makes a whole lot of essay mentality, sense. The whole thing was written with this smarmy tone as if obvious truths were being conveyed here; as if everyone who reads it would necessarily agree with the idea that rejection of the Bible (and the God described in it) is the cause of all these problems we have in the world. Truthfully? I found it pompous, pretentious, presumptuous, and not at all profound. It's obvious the author of this piece thinks this is essay rubrics really laid out clear here and that all who read it will see where the real blame lies. *I* think the essay people's, real blame lies in trying to blame everyone else for not seeing the essay writers, light by people's, your definition. The light is all of empirical paper, us being allowed to people's mentality, create our own, and being free to live by thesis statement, it as long as it doesn't snuff anyone else's out. If you don't like light, just put out your eyes. Don't put out the sun. Some of us like it where it is.

My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully, MY Best Regards, Honestly not respecting you very much right now, May the essay people's, Force be with you. Any comments left here are PUBLIC. Essays And Driving. If you are not comfortable with that, mail me directly. Comments from others: Toon Review: I read this whole thing out loud. People's Mentality. (Yet to myself, which is weird.) I honestly agree with everything that you've said. I know that sounds like a lot of butt kissing, but trust me. I'm not exaggerating. First of all, I doubt this was written by Ben Stein, so says my gut instinct. Second, you've raised many interesting and a paper for college educational points, so much so that I think this should be a big long four-part youtube video. Essay Mentality. (If it isn't already.) And, I kid you not, I had the EXACT same thought some time ago when you were talking about Abraham killing his son as a sign of for college, faith, and mentality how if someone were to do that today, (In the rubrics, name of God,) well, I don't think very many people will believe him. I used the same ideology to wonder. For instance, there are a lot of Christians I know (I'm not one of them) who say they are waiting for the Messiah to come back, for Jesus to return.

Uh huh. And if someone TODAY were to show up and claim he was the son of God, everyone would think he's a maniac. Essay People's. I could say more on the matter, but I don't want to fill up too much space. :P. Speech Essay. Thank you for a very interesting read! Keep it up. And may the Force be with you as well. Bunks: That's a very well-written piece. I was impressed with some of the mentality, info you provided (most notably how religious unrest in a paper England led to the founding of America).

Ben Stein makes me sad. Ever since that movie came out, every time I see him, I just shake my head sadly. I used to like him a lot; he's a smart guy very funny. But this kind of thing destroys all credibility. Synesthesia: Ben Stein kind of annoys me.

Mainly because of his video about essay people's mentality, evolution I should see one day. It's just that creationism or intelligent design shouldn't be taught in schools as science because it's just not real science, but theology! Anyway, the person who wrote that part about on drinking, Spock's son was wrong. His son didn't commit suicide. Suicide has little to do with not getting spanked. I wish these people would realise that you can raise well adjusted kids without inflicting pain on them. That to say that when spanking was mainstream every single child in the whole country was good, patriotic and pure is just plain false. It's like they don't want to essay, look at the whole picture but they just want to statement, believe that the mentality, 50s was such a perfect time and only recently now that there's Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, and since there's not enough paddling in schools only empirical research paper, NOW has the country suddenly turn evil. Essay People's. What are these folks smoking? Joe: I'm a Catholic, so I respectfully disagree with the a paper for college, majority of mentality, this essay: although I disagree with Stein as well. Graduate Admission Essay Writers. odd. I consider your points very well put together and I can definitely see where you're coming from; this is one of the best religious essays I've read.

The problem is that you don't have all the facts in some of your cases. For example: And considering the Old Testament depicts one of its heroes being willing to sacrifice his son to God because he heard a voice in his head saying God wanted him to kill his kid as a show of faith, I don't think the mentality, Bible is necessarily a good document to help people figure out where their morals should lie. Obama Acceptance Essay. A modern dad who did that would totally get put away. Think he shouldn't? Maybe we should read that ol' Bible a little more to get our morals on straight. Well, here's the thing. You didn't quite finish the story. Abraham did not kill his son. The voice in his head also happened to mentality, tell him not to: that it was just, as you noted, to argumentative essays on drinking and driving, show his faith and commitment. I'm not trying to mentality, start a debate (unless you're interested, in which case I'm game), I just figured it might be worth pointing out. Graduate Admission. Bree: when watching your asexuality video, i found one about an atheist who refused to participate in prayer during sports because she felt it was disrespectfull to them.

Because of essay, that, she was excluded and paper harrased by teachers and people's students. When interviewed, a person who lived there didnt even know what atheists beleived! (a basic understanding of word stems could have could have clued them in. ) Wolfgang: Great essay. Small nitpick: when you say They tried that in seventeenth century England. Guess what happened? The United States of America Your history is obama essay just a bit off there. People who wanted to persecute based on their religions in England, but the Anglicans were already doing that, so they reached a compromise, because England had a lot of land in the New World on their hands.

The crown gave people colonies for a diverse number of reasons, but most with total religous freedom only had it incidentally. Then there was this thing called the French-Indian War, the essay, aftermath of purchase for college, which the Crown handled poorly, which ended up creating lots of new taxes. Like the people in essay people's mentality current U.S. territories, the Crown Colonies were taxed without their representation, which gave the Brittish Colonists something to research, unite against. Essay. A lot of the scholars of the essay, day were Deists, and scholarly, charismatic men took to leading this Revolution. Realizing that the country they were planning to create was filled with bottom-of-the-barrel religions that England was quick to essay people's, toss out for being too conservative (Puritans) or too liberal (Quakers), they decided that the Union as a whole shouldn't have a religion. Since their original post-Revolutionary Union, what with it's Articles of Confederacy that pretty much said Do what you want, States, but pretty please help us be a Union., didn't work out so well (see: Shays' Rebellion) they made a new Constitution in Order to create a more perfect Union. When they added the Bill of rights, the same charismatic scholars who led the Revolution decided Okay, let's build a wall of seperation between Church and state, because that was a popular idea at the time. And that's how America was made! Wow. for a historical nitpick, that was pretty long. Anyway, my point was that we should stop pretending stuff isn't complicated. Michael W. Graduate Admission. Gephart: It is not necessarily anti-Christian to call a Christmas Tree a Holiday tree.

Many people leave their tree up until after New Years. Since they use it to celebrate two holidays, it can rightfully be called a Holiday tree. Merry Xmas, non-believers!

Buy Essay Online -
Картинки по запросу essay people s mentality

Simple and Clean Resume Templates. Hiring managers look at people's mentality very many of resumes. Their eyes get tired quickly, and having to essay rubrics, look at elaborate resumes doesn’t help. In fact, fancy resume formats make the recruitment process even harder, since hiring managers have to people's, look past the design elements in order to get to empirical research paper, the content. Many job seekers believe that an eye-catching resume alone will help them land a job. However, that is not usually the case. A clean, simple resume can help you stand out people's, from the pool of graduate admission essay applicants by being easy to read and people's mentality, pleasant to look at. Professional resume formats will often use minimalist formatting to a paper, capture the attention of a hiring manager and showcase experience and skills. In this guide, we’ll talk about which types of employers prefer a simple resume format over a modern or creative one.

We’ll also walk you through how to format and write a resume using one of our free resume templates. Let’s get you on the path to essay people's, creating your resume today. A simple resume does not need to argumentative essays on drinking and driving, be a boring one. In fact, a simple resume format requires a lot of creativity because it should be both pleasing to the eye and tailored to your experience and desired job. A simple resume can be more conservative or more trendy, depending on which template you use. Essay People's Mentality! All of our templates here have clean, simple layouts, but there is a lot of variety within the simple resume format, so you can choose one that suits your work history best. What Jobs Require a Simple Resume? If you’re applying to a conservative or old-fashioned place of employment, a simple resume is the way to acceptance speech essay, go. The legal field is an example of a conservative workplace.

So are most professions in people's, finance and many large corporate offices. If the job you want has a conservative dress code, you should probably use a simple resume format. This is like a dress code for statement essay, your resume. Although a simple resume format is essay people's, essential in those types workplaces, a well-crafted simple resume can also impress a potential employer in essay rubrics, a creative, modern field. If you’re going after a job where design is important, then knowing how to use simple design elements without relying on fancy fonts or borders can actually make your resume stand out. Font, formatting, color scheme, and use of white space all make an attractive simple resume. This requires solid design knowledge. Mentality! Whether you’re applying to be a graphic designer or a fashion designer, a simple resume can be an excellent example of your creative skills.

If you’re applying to a newer company, the employer can also be impressed by a clean, traditional simple resume, even if the corporate culture is obama acceptance essay, more laid-back. Many startups and essay, tech companies use a minimalist aesthetic for their offices, websites, and products. You can show you’re a good fit by paper reflecting that same clean aesthetic in your resume. You need to decide what you’ll be putting on your resume before you can write and format it. To help you decide what should go on your resume, you can use your existing resume or you can note down some specifics about your skills and experience. What you put on essay your resume will also depend on the details of the desired job and the job description.

If you’re applying in graduate essay, the medical field for example, it’s important to people's, have a section for graduate admission essay, certifications and credentials. Essay People's Mentality! If you’re applying for a retail job, however, this section is probably not necessary. Here are the sections that should always go on research paper your resume: Here are some ideas for optional sections: Career Objective, Objective Statement, or Professional Summary Interests and Activities Relevant Skills Achievements and Awards References. Your resume should have the minimum number of essay mentality sections necessary to showcase your abilities as a job candidate. Argumentative Essays On Drinking! Ruthlessly delete unnecessary information. Now that you’ve decided what sections to include, it’s time to format those sections into a beautiful, simple resume.

You don’t need to do this work on essay people's mentality your own. We’ve compiled a list of simple resume templates you can use. However, you should know about good resume design so you’ll know how to best customize the template you choose. With all of our resume templates, you can change the bullet points, fonts, colors, and arrangement as needed. Avoid large blocks of text in your resume. Having white space between sections adds balance.

If a section on argumentative and driving your resume involves a list (such as a “Skills” section), you will want to choose a template with bullet points. These make your resume look organized and essay mentality, easy to for college, read. There’s nothing wrong with a classic font like Times New Roman, but a simple resume often looks best with a clean, modern, sans-serif font like Helvetica Neue. If you choose to essay, use font colors to dress up your resume, use them sparingly. Pick just one or two colors to admission essay writers, highlight aspects of essay people's your resume. For example, you might choose a conservative color, like gray or dark blue, for resume headers.

Make sure any font color you choose is easy to rubrics, read. Avoid pink, yellow, and lighter shades, which look unprofessional and mentality, are hard to notice. Always be consistent. Writers! Have your “Objective” header in the same color as your “Education” header. People's! Don’t write your “Skills” section in Times New Roman and your “Work History” section in Helvetica. The following common resume mistakes make your resume look too complicated and poorly designed: Too many colors and fonts Hard-to-detect colors and purchase a paper, fonts Unconventional fonts like Comic Sans Elaborate borders Colored or needlessly fancy paper Too many sections Unnecessary images Inconsistent formatting. If your resume is overly designed or messy, employers will be distracted from the content and essay, more likely to put your resume in the “No” pile. A really elaborate resume might even be automatically discarded before it gets read.

Once you’ve chosen the obama acceptance essay right resume template for you, it’s time to mentality, write your unique resume content. If you’ve never written a resume before, use one of our detailed resume guides, or a free resume builder to help you get started. A simple resume is about more than just layout. There should be simplicity in your phrasing too. This is the case for on drinking and driving, all resumes, but especially for one with a simple design. Don’t hide your impressive experience under flowery language or long sentences. State things simply so employers can easily learn about you. It may be tempting to add detail with more words, but wordiness will only make your resume look messy. Keep in mind that many job applications will also require a cover letter, where you can add more detail about your experience. It doesn’t all need to go on your resume. Use active verb forms and essay, short sentences or bullet points when describing things like skills or achievements.

Find places to cut or reword. Obama! It’s okay to essay mentality, use sentence fragments in your bullet points. Not only do these points make your resume look good, they also make it more likely that a prospective employer will read all of it. We have a variety of free simple resume examples to argumentative and driving, suit your needs, including chronological, functional, and combination resumes. Using what you’ve just learned in this guide, look through these templates and choose one that suits your current job search best. Then customize it to reflect what you have to offer as a unique job candidate. Good use of mentality white space gives this professional resume template an purchase a paper for college, open feel while subtle colours add design touch. Two main sections let you detail your experiences and education in a reverse chronological order. Size: 183 B Downloads: 103689 Filename: upfront.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 20:18:00 / 6327. Very compact and mentality, neat professional layout.

Notice how the graduate essay writers use of red text draws the eye. Just the people's right amount in assessment rubrics, the right places can be really helpful to the reader. Size: 183 B Downloads: 103040 Filename: neat.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:38:00 / 4968. Traditional format with light orange headers and subtle gray titles. People's! Great sample resume for graduate admission writers, graphic designers, corporate writers, or administrative professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 52699 Filename: subtle-creativity.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 19:42:00 / 6315. Margin column for essay people's, titles and headings provides lots of space for detailed, paragraph statements.

Perfect resume example for business, industrial, or vocational professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 34032 Filename: broad-appeal.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 20:48:00 / 6348. Labor, manufacturing, educational, and service industry skills template. Argumentative Essays And Driving! Good use of white space to catch the eye with blue section divider lines and large, bold section titles. Size: 183 B Downloads: 17061 Filename: commencing.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 22:42:00 / 6409. Just a bit of essay colour and creative use of writers indent make add a creative twist to people's mentality, this very traditional straight-forward design. Indented text helps the statement essay headings stand out. Size: 183 B Downloads: 16056 Filename: indent-line.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 17:22:00 / 5631. Excellent sample for those with lots of skills and training and maybe not a lot of experience. Essay People's Mentality! Bold headings with vertical divider lines and blue titles provide focus for the reader. Size: 183 B Downloads: 15305 Filename: fresh-take.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:54:00 / 6092.

Conventional, two-page layout with profile photo and red and blue fonts add design touch. Contrast Thesis Essay! Plus signs used for bullet points. Mentality! Great for technology, engineering, or financial career seekers. Size: 183 B Downloads: 14463 Filename: creative-conventions.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:32:00 / 6023. Two-page format with a two-column layout offers much space for on drinking and driving, multiple sections. Light blue titles and essay mentality, dashed section lines add design touch. Give all of purchase a paper your details here. Size: 183 B Downloads: 13273 Filename: point-left.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 20:57:00 / 6354. Subtle red titles and essay, block, sans serif fonts give this template a stately feel. Great use of for college white space complements paragraph descriptions of essay your experiences, strengths, and objectives.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 13079 Filename: stately.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:19:00 / 6065. Touches of red shadings and gray background really draw in essays and driving, the reader#039;s focus. Plus signs used for bulleted lists with room for multiple sections. Size: 183 B Downloads: 12904 Filename: bold-red-shading.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 20:34:00 / 6345. Check box bullets tick off all of your great career highlights in people's, this two-page resume with blue section divider lines.

Excellent resume style for very experienced and accomplished professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 12725 Filename: accomplished.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 17:47:00 / 6135. Perfect use of typography to a paper for college, draw attention to your name and essay mentality, a short message. Horizontal and vertical lines help to divide up the empirical paper information for an easy read. Size: 183 B Downloads: 10157 Filename: important-message.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:46:00 / 4977. Small profile picture and thin, blue-shaded headers add design to this classic format with lots of space for summary texts and bulleted lists. Business, health and essay people's, IT professionals benefit here. Size: 183 B Downloads: 9065 Filename: packed-classic.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 11:53:00 / 5908.

Light brown headings and vertical bright green dashed lines catch the eye and break content into a paper easy to read sections. Bold titles bring focus to key experiences and skills. Great sample for marketing, public relations, or communications professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 8747 Filename: beaming.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 19:15:00 / 6278. Bold, open squares and thin black lines divide the people's two-column page layout. Dates and key words offset in purchase, the margins act as section intros. Excellent template for university and mentality, IT job seekers. Size: 183 B Downloads: 8619 Filename: checkmark-timeline.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 12:18:00 / 5929. Thin and thick blue lines define each squared section with headings in research paper, bold, white fonts to give this template pop.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 7126 Filename: blue-pop.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-07 20:24:00 / 5795. Offset one-column layout with red and orange colours and bold, large headers and essay people's mentality, titles with paragraph descriptions. Creative sample with a business feel. Size: 183 B Downloads: 7014 Filename: next-level.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 20:32:00 / 6342. Section titles offset in the margin with blue and light gray fonts.

Small vertical lines used to separate columns. Excellent template for those who have been in one industry for several years. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6472 Filename: industry-lifer.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:49:00 / 6041. Dark black section dividers complement light green and for college, blue fonts and essay mentality, bullets. Admission! Large, three-columned Core Skills section for many key attributes. Serif font type completes mature, professional feel. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5792 Filename: cosmopolitan.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:41:00 / 6032. A traditional format that portrays a simple elegance. An initialed ribbon provides a smart touch which can be personalized with you initials, your highest qualification or your most prestigious award.

Bullet points help you to squeeze in essay people's, a lot more information without making your resume too long. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5627 Filename: elegant-traditional.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:35:00 / 4958. Two-page, one-column layout with red and orange for headings and titles. Lots of space for detailed, paragraph descriptions. Graduate Admission Essay Writers! Corporate and essay people's mentality, academia feel with this sample. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5626 Filename: tidy.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-09 19:23:00 / 6287. Traditional layout with bold and italic font types. Large red square with white font provides good space for compare, objective. Great sample for corporate, IT, and people's, nonprofit job seekers.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 5560 Filename: bold-red.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 13:37:00 / 5993. This simple block colour really makes a statement and is the perfect backdrop for argumentative essays, the black text. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5118 Filename: pretty-pink.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 18:13:00 / 5665. One look and everyone will know who you are. The placement size and bold text really make the people's mentality name on this resume stand out. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5106 Filename: name.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:44:00 / 4974.

Large and empirical research, small margins add white space while offering plenty of room for multiple sections. Bold orange and blues for titles focus the reader. Essay Mentality! Great template for compare contrast thesis, entry level positions or new graduates. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4695 Filename: offset.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:08:00 / 6056. Bold section titles with arrow points and light maroon titles give this sample a vivid touch.

Full page layout for mentality, multiple sections to let you list plenty of information. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4652 Filename: striking.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:38:00 / 6080. This block and for college, bulleted resume offers a professional-looking style. The enlarged font size for the objective section clearly defines your goals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4501 Filename: professional-block.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 19:31:00 / 5711. The use of bold text, simple colours, underlines and essay people's mentality, spacing makes this a very easy read. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4376 Filename: simple-underline.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 17:46:00 / 5649. Plus signs and essay, lines outline each area with arrows providing the bulleted direction to essay people's mentality, your skills and experience. Scientific, data, and IT feel with this one. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4303 Filename: plus.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 19:46:00 / 5724.

Easy to statement, scan, one column template with section and title headings in colour as well as all caps make your information quick to read. Essay Mentality! Large Skills Abilities section great for the career changer. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4123 Filename: academia.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 20:17:00 / 5748. Open and airy one-column format centered on contrast the page. Blue headings and bold titles with plus signs and essay, outlined circle bullets provide subtle design appeal. Service and labour workers take a look here. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4083 Filename: breezy.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:35:00 / 6026. Colour contrast and different font types dictate the style and contrast, impact of essay people's this resume. The use of the red always pulls you back to the name of the applicant. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3990 Filename: simple-red.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 18:02:00 / 5655.

Oversized captions for key words or job titles. Essay! Small profile photo with blue shaded section headers. Excellent use of space for people's, intern experience, new graduates, and creative professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3942 Filename: caption.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 18:00:00 / 6144. Want a different way to distinguish your sub-headings from your headings? This layout shows how different shades of the research same colour can do this. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3823 Filename: mono-shading.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:48:00 / 4986. Light blue titles, bold headings, and carat bullets with good use of white space in this basic resume template. Perfect example for service industry and labour staff as well as new graduates. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3335 Filename: burgeoning.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:52:00 / 6089. Simple layout with bold headings and mentality, thick lines to separate different sections.

Not the best format if you have a lot of obama essay information to essay people's mentality, include. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3183 Filename: simple-central.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 18:10:00 / 5662. Offset sections balance out this sample. Good use of white space helps focus the reader#039;s eye. Assessment Essay! Orang titles provide design touch.

Great format to take your few years of people's mentality experience to assessment rubrics, the next level. Size: 183 B Downloads: 1182 Filename: moving.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 18:05:00 / 6147. Thin margins with stacked sections provide lots of area for all of your achievements. Unique Projects area lets you describe your accomplishments. Mentality! IT, project management, and senior-level sample.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 167238 Filename: substantial.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:36:00 / 6077. Thin page border and section divider lines with red and graduate essay, bold, black titles and key words provide an executive feel. Essay! Project managers, directors, and senior VPs can do well with this example. Size: 183 B Downloads: 11561 Filename: top-level.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:42:00 / 6083. A compact resume format that draws the reader’s eye to the important information across different sections. Size: 183 B Downloads: 10825 Filename: in-a-nutshell.docx Uploaded: 2015-10-10 08:21:00 / 8305. Two well-defined columns give this sample structure. Thick, orange-coloured bar graphs make your capabilities pop on the page and assessment, the italicized, muted gray job titles add the professionalism. Size: 183 B Downloads: 10049 Filename: raise-bar.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 20:28:00 / 5758. What stands out in this sample is the Skills section.

This format provides an instant snapshot of your skill levels that looks very professional and easy to read. Size: 183 B Downloads: 9660 Filename: self-assessment.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:47:00 / 4980. Entry-level workers ready for essay people's, the next step here. Compare Contrast Statement! Conventional sections with blue headers and light gray arrows and open circular bullets point all of your strengths and skills. Plenty of room for goals, key word lists, and more. Size: 183 B Downloads: 7397 Filename: space.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:38:00 / 6029. A very smart style that gets straight down to business. Can you summarize your abilities into a couple of sentences? Most prospective employers don#039;t have a lot of time to read through lengthy resumes.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 6467 Filename: classic-elegance.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:36:00 / 4961. Great use of contrasting text colour and line thickness to people's, differentiate between sets of information. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5485 Filename: section-lines.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 17:49:00 / 5652. Small margins and thin gray shadowed headings with white fonts offer lots of room in this example. Multiple sections for speech essay, your training, certifications, skills, and other information. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4862 Filename: traditional-plus.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-07 21:02:00 / 5836. Just a bit of colour goes a long way in essay people's mentality, breaking up information. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4623 Filename: nonsense.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 19:10:00 / 5698. Bold headings and research paper, shading flush out this sample with plus signs and essay, open circles for bullet points. Good skills resume for those with lots of experience and training outside the traditional job environment.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 3894 Filename: skilled.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-07 20:05:00 / 5783. Bold, black headings and section dividers with light-gray lines used for bullets and blue font type for your name make this a non-traditional traditional template. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3881 Filename: non-traditional-traditional.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 12:13:00 / 5923. Complimentary colours for empirical research, your personal information and the section headings catch the essay mentality eye. Simple bullet list in each section offer a straightforward, no nonsense approach. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3275 Filename: career-starter.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 19:34:00 / 5714.

Gray shading and colorful section headers give this contemporary resume a bold and confident air. Essay! Here, your skills, strengths, awards, achievements, and career highlights take center stage. This resume lends a decisive and essay people's mentality, authoritative tone, while not being overbearing or fussy; it still allows your personality and background to shine. This is a perfect template for argumentative essays, individuals seeking to change careers or industries, ex-military looking to enter the civilian workforce, and others who want to emphasise their talents and people's mentality, strengths, and not their previous job titles or employers. Size: 183 B Downloads: 40797 Filename: bulletin.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 18:20:00 / 6162. Standard Europass CV / Resume Template used in Europe.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 30414 Filename: europass-cv-template.doc Uploaded: 2014-09-19 17:26:00 / 7451. Free Modern Resume templates that will get you noticed. Essay! Simple, elegant, discreetly modern, with a touch of color and creativity. Size: 183 B Downloads: 30378 Filename: discreetly-modern.docx Uploaded: 2014-09-19 17:09:00 / 7448. Very classy and professional full-page two-column sample. Lots of sections included for essay, key skills, awards, and attributes. Red and graduate admission essay writers, blue titles add touch of colour. Great example for those with substantial work experience. Size: 183 B Downloads: 12938 Filename: firm.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:48:00 / 6086. Two column layout for full page with sections styled into essay people's mentality various columns.

Light gray divider lines and red and blue titles. Stylish with a corporate feel for marketing director, senior VPs, and empirical, principal managers. Size: 183 B Downloads: 9111 Filename: aristocratic.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 17:05:00 / 6104. Two-column layout with profile photo. Large Awards section to list your sales, academic, or artistic achievements. Essay People's Mentality! Great sample for a paper for college, advertising, creative, sales, or communication professionals. Size: 183 B Downloads: 8426 Filename: award-winner.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 16:15:00 / 6062. Traditional classic layout with a high-end executive feel. Great use of people's bordered headings, indented bullets and tabbed text to create an elegant professional look. Size: 183 B Downloads: 7021 Filename: executive-elegant.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:47:00 / 4983. A round portrait option makes this sample a bit different.

Then a strong opening statement in bold lettering is great for impact, and empirical paper, makes the reader want to find out more about mentality, you. At the end of the resume a simple scale allows you to give a snapshot of essays your levels of mentality competence. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6913 Filename: bold-simplicity.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:32:00 / 4946. Two-column format used for the whole page offers lots of section areas. Paper! Light grays for essay people's, headers and dashed section dividers as well as shaded background to admission essay writers, highlight key work experience. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6672 Filename: split-page.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:47:00 / 6038. Bold headings shaded with olive and people's, dark greens for graduate admission, a sophisticated template. Managers, administrators, directors, and accountants take advantage of the three-columned skills area and essay people's, oversized sections for experience, certificates, and essay writers, licenses.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 6551 Filename: polished.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-07 20:43:00 / 5812. Functional two-page sample with three-column core skills lists and areas for professional experience, work history and essay people's, more. Great resume style for those looking to switch industries. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6162 Filename: new-agenda.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 17:00:00 / 6098. Checkmarks for bullets with blue, green, and gray fonts catch the eye. Underlines connect job titles to dates. Thesis! Analysts, developers, academia, or health care template.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 4747 Filename: check.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:51:00 / 6044. Deep and light blue headers with bold font titles add pop for this traditional template. People's Mentality! Three-column key word section and two-column bulleted experience lists offer space for everything. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4370 Filename: airy-traditional.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 11:43:00 / 5899. Want the essay focus to be on your opening statement? This resume does that. Make your pitch for people's mentality, this job a real eye opener.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 3182 Filename: inverse.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-06 11:33:00 / 4949. Two-column layout with block paragraph descriptions. Paper! Light blues and mentality, grays for headers, dates, and titles. Excellent sample for business, IT, administrative, or counselling. Size: 183 B Downloads: 2808 Filename: solid-segments.docx Uploaded: 2014-05-08 15:43:00 / 6035. 855.213.0348 | MON-FRI 8A-8P, SAT 8A-5P, SUN 10A-6P CST.

2017 Bold Limited. All rights reserved. POWERED BY BOLD.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Celluloid Blackboard: Teaching History with Film

What is the Best Font for a Resume (+10 Examples Tips) What are the best fonts for a resume? Well, the best resume fonts are those that are easy to read. People's? That’s the bottom line. If you use a common resume font that’s easy to read, you win. That’s all you have to do. No, there are no magical font that will get you more interviews. Some typefaces do seem to have a psychological impact on purchase for college the reader.

Would you like to know which great resume fonts can make you seem more truthful or professional? Of course, you would. In this article you will find: The best resume fonts compared to the worst. Beautiful examples of how the best resume fonts look. Pros and essay people's, cons for each recommended resume font to make your decision easier. Psychological tips on standard fonts to essay use on a resume. Are you writing a resume for people's, the first time? Or are you a professional who could use some tips on a paper for college how to essay people's make a resume stand out? Either way, we've got you covered. Read our full guide: How To Create A Resume: A Step-By-Step Guide (+30 Examples) 20 Samples of the Worst and Best Resume Fonts.

Let’s start with Calibri. Microsoft replaced Times New Roman with Calibri as the default font for Word in a paper for college, 2007. So, when you write your resume in Word without changing the font you’re using Calibri. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Pro: As a default font, Calibri will not get messed up when a hiring manager opens your resume files. Plus it’s a professional and easy-to-read font. Con: As a default font, many other job seekers will also use Calibri. Mentality? That means your resume might not stand out from the others. If you want a less common font, put some thought into argumentative essays on drinking, selecting one instead of going with what you’re given. Webdings isn’t even a font. It’s a typeface that uses pictures instead of letters.

So, unless you’re trying to send a secret message, there is no occasion to ever use Webdings on your resume. Want to know the secret to essay mentality writing a resume that gets your professional message across loud and clear? Have you heard of compare contrast thesis, opening with a resume summary? If not, then you should read our guide: How To Write A Resume Summary: 21 Best Examples You Will See Two Swiss designers created Helvetica. And they named the typeface after the Latin word for Switzerland, “Helvetia.” There are those that say Helvetica is the mentality best font for purchase for college, a resume. Helvetica is a pretty, easy-to-read sans serif font.

The only problem is that Helvetica is not free. You aren’t going to find it listed under fonts in Microsoft Word. You are going to essay have to buy it if you want to use it and don’t have a Mac. Pro: A lot of professionals rank Helvetica as one of the more beautiful Sans Serif fonts. What are Sans Serif fonts? Sans Serif fonts are those that do not have the feet on letters like the compare contrast thesis “T” in Times New Roman. Designers describe them as fresh, modern, and good for resumes. Both the New York City metro and major corporations like BMW use Helvetica for mentality, their signs. Con: Helvetica only comes preloaded on Macs. Otherwise, you have to buy the paper font to use it. A Bloomberg article attacked Courier as one of the essay people's worst resume fonts.

That’s because Courier screams: “ I want my resume to look like I wrote it on admission essay a typewriter! ” You are not Jack Kerouac. Mentality? You did not sit down and write your entire resume in one go on a typewriter. Assessment Essay? (If you did, you might want to consider rewriting your resume.) So, your resume shouldn’t look like you wrote it on people's a typewriter. Luckhurst is also one of those that believes Helvetica is the most beautiful font for resumes. That’s for empirical, you to decide. If you want your resume to look professional, it's better to mentality spend time choosing the empirical research right resume format. Do you know which resume format is best for you? Find out by people's, reading our guide: 3 Resume Formats: How To Choose The Best One [Examples] Arial looks like Helvetica. So much so that the main difference seems to assessment rubrics be that Arial is free. Plus it’s a very standard typeface that’s easy and mentality, comfortable to read. Pro: Arial is the purchase default font for Google Docs.

It’s also a standard font for Microsoft Word which means it will show up on people's most computers. Con: If you’re looking for obama acceptance essay, a modern resume font that’s going to essay people's mentality stand out a little bit, Arial isn’t it. You might want to acceptance speech go with Garamond or other less obvious fonts. Or you might want to just pay for Helvetica. Yes, I shouldn’t have to tell anyone to avoid Comic Sans. Comic Sans is for writing the dialogue that appears in the speech bubbles of comic books. It was not designed for essay, serious documents. That’s why it has become the font that other fonts push down on argumentative the playground. With that said, it’s pretty obvious why you should never, ever use it on your resume. But what should you put on mentality a resume?

Are you sure you aren't forgetting anything? Just in case you want to find out, read our guide: What To Put On A Resume To Make It Perfect [Tips Examples] Georgia is the font used by the New York Times online. It’s also used by Yahoo, Amazon, and Twitter. The designers wanted to create a font that’s easy to read online, making it ideal if you plan to on drinking and driving send your resume as a PDF. Pro: You can find Georgia across writing platforms. Con: Georgia is essay accessible and a fine replacement font for Times New Roman. That may lead many other job seekers to use Georgia.

So, again, if you want to stand out you might want to essays and driving go with something else. Now, there are no rules about people's mentality, not using Times New Roman. In fact, it is the most standard resume font. But that’s why you might want to avoid it. Imagine you’re the hiring manager. Acceptance Essay? You’re scanning one resume after another in Times New Roman.

Then you come across a resume written in essay people's mentality, Georgia. It’s a similar font, but it's just different enough to be refreshing. You might actually favor the resume written in Georgia for that simple fact alone. That’s why Georgia is writers one of the best fonts for a resume. Essay People's Mentality? It’s just refreshing enough to outshine resumes using standard fonts like Times New Roman. Want to know another refreshing resume secret?

Add hobbies and interests to your resume to show off a bit of your personality. Don't believe me? Read our guide: +20 Best Examples Of Hobbies Interests To Put On A Resume (5 Tips) Matthew Carter created Verdana over at Microsoft. Obama Acceptance Speech? He designed the font so that it is easy to essay people's mentality read in small print on computer screens. While he named it after his daughter Anna, the font is not as well-loved as that little girl. Yet, Verdana remains a good choice for digital versions of resumes. Pro: Great for job seekers who need to a paper squeeze more onto essay people's, their resumes.

Especially if you know the hiring manager is going to graduate writers read it online and not in print. Con: If you’re looking for a “wow” resume font, keep looking. Verdana doesn’t look all that different from people's mentality, Arial and statement essay, Arial looks like Helvetica. In 2010, Ikea ditched a personalized version of essay mentality, Futura in favor of Verdana. The Ikea catalog is the on drinking and driving third most printed document after the Bible and Harry Potter. The Swedish furniture company felt that it was time to bridge the gap between digital and print. So, they chose Verdana.

Futura looks good in print, but it can cause some hiccups for readers trying to consume text-heavy documents online. The Ikea Verdanagate controversy pit older aesthetic fonts against more practical modern fonts. (Futura is from the 1920’s) Let’s say you do need a versatile font like Verdana that will look good both on essay your PDF and obama, print resume. Just think about mentality, it. Ikea is a master at maximizing the use of minimized space. A good trick for resume writers. On Drinking And Driving? Maybe that translates to their choice of font? You be the judge. Having trouble squeezing information onto essay, your resume? How long should a resume be in essay, the first place? Find out everything you need to know about resume length in our dedicated guide: How Long Should A Resume Be?

Everything You Need To Know Garamond is essay people's a font with a long history. I won’t bore you with the details. Writers? But, Garamond fonts come from 15th and 16th-century designs. Why is essay people's that important? Well, at its age, Garamond is timeless. And a timeless font is a good resume font. Claude Garamond was a French punchcutter and lived from 1480 to 1561. His designs formed the basis for the Adobe version of Garamond. Later, Jean Jannon designed a typeface that most other digital versions of Garamond resemble. Regardless of the version, Garamond commands respect and charms its admirers.

Pro: Among those who make it their business to know about fonts, Garamond is a favorite. It’s classy. Plus, Garamond meets all the requirements of a good resume font. Assessment Essay Rubrics? Easy to read? Check. Attractive? Check. Not something everyone and their mom uses? Check. Con: The Harry Potter books - Garamond.

It’s just a magical font. I guess there are those who could say that Garamond is so timeless that it might make your resume feel dated. Okay, so you want an old school, classic looking font. That’s why Garamond is great. It’s French. It’s old. It’s classy. Fake Ancient Egyptian chic isn’t the answer. Papyrus may be a great font for The Return of the Mummy , but it’s not a great font for your resume. It’s just as kitsch and childish as Comic Sans.

Avoid it. Instead, add accomplishments to your resume. Adding achievements to your resume is the fastest way to make it classy. Don't know how? Need ideas? We've got you covered: Achievements To Put On A Resume - Complete Guide (+30 Examples) Unlike Garamond, Proxima Nova is a modern font.

Mark Simonson created the font as late as 2005. Proxima Nova is for you if you’d rather go for people's, a sleek, modern resume font. It’s the font of choice for argumentative on drinking, websites like Buzzfeed, Mashable, and Flickr. Pro: You don’t have to buy Proxima Nova if you’re using Google docs to make your resume. Con: Proxima Nova is not a Microsoft Word font. Essay? So, if that’s the program you’re using to assessment essay make your resume, you can’t use Proxima Nova unless you buy it. Want to go with the opposite essay people's mentality of modern? Why not Trajan? Trajan’s designer had had Roman inscriptions in mind when he made the font for acceptance speech, Adobe.

The font is all in caps, with no lowercase letters. So, using Trajan may make you feel like the Caesar of essay people's, resumes. But, it will just make your resume look like a Steven Spielberg movie poster. Leading with an argumentative essays, outdated resume objective will also make your resume look bad. Essay People's? Read our guide to find out how to assessment write a modern resume objective that will land you a job: +20 Resume Objective Examples - Use Them On Your Resume (Tips) Lukasz Dziedzic, a Polish typeface designer, created Lato. It’s an essay mentality, open source font which means you can download and use it for for college, free. Dziedzic was designing the people's font for a large corporate client in purchase a paper, the beginning. That’s why the essay people's mentality typeface has both serious and friendly qualities.

He said the dual nature of the font gave it the “feeling of the summer.” He named the research font Lato, which is the people's Polish word for summer. Pro: Lato is a corporate font. So, you can rest assured that it will work well on your resume. Con: Lato is not a standard Microsoft Word font. That might mean that it will not load when some hiring managers open your resume. Let’s say you want to argumentative essays go for something more personal and less corporate. Wouldn’t a font that looks like handwriting work well? No. You should personalize many aspects of the job-seeking process. Tailor your resume to the job description or write a personal email to the hiring manager. But don’t choose a popular resume font that looks handwritten.

They’re kitschy and unprofessional like that picture of essay people's, dogs playing poker. Don't know how to tailor your resume to a job description? It's one of the best things you can do for your resume. Read our full guide to find out how to tailor your resume: 6 Proven Tips On How To Tailor Your Resume To The Job Description In an experiment for the New York Times, writer Errol Morris made a quiz to see if fonts changed the way people respond to information. The quiz was a true or false question presented in several different fonts. Rubrics? Takers were told that their answers would let them know if they were optimists or pessimists. The results showed that Baskerville inspired people to select “true” more often. Pro: Hiring managers may find your resume more truthful if you use Baskerville.

Con: Baskerville, like Garamond and Didot, is an older font and can give your resume a dated look. Essay? If you’re applying for a job in a startup, choosing a hipper font might have more impact. Speaking of impact Okay, so most of these preferred resume fonts are boring and common. Let’s go for something with impact. Hey, isn’t there a font called Impact? Why, yes.

But you can’t use it on your resume. Because Impact is a bold font that’s difficult to read in the body of a resume. And Driving? So, if you want to make an impact, don’t use impact as a font. Making an impact on essay people's mentality a resume is about putting all the speech essay right skills in all the mentality right places. Need to know what skills are the best for resumes? Read our guide: +30 Best Examples Of What Skills To Put On A Resume (Proven Tips) Didot is an elegant font designed by graduate, Firmin Didot just before the essay people's French Revolution.

Didot is not as old and classic as Garamond. But it was born during the Enlightenment and the reign of acceptance, Marie Antoinette. So, it’s a good font for essay mentality, dressing up your resume. At the same time, many professionals associate the font with fashion. Fashion brands like Ralph Lauren and Marks Spencer use Didot on empirical their websites. So, keep in mind that there is a time and place for Didot. You don’t want your resume to suffer the people's mentality same fate as Marie Antoinette. Only use Didot under the assessment right circumstances. Pro: Elegant font design that qualifies as the safest choice if you must go with something fancy. Con: You must buy Didot if you want to essay use it on your resume. Essays? That’s the essay biggest drawback and the reason why we’ve put it last on our list of fonts.

Also, Didot works best for fashion industry resumes. Try something a little less ball gown and a little more business casual for corporate resumes. Villain Font: Vivaldi (Or any other swoopy, cursive font) Ask yourself. Graduate Admission Essay? Would this font look great on my wedding invitations? Or would Heathcliff find my love letters more romantic if I used this font? If you answer “yes” to either question when choosing a font, then you shouldn’t use it for your resume.

That’s because fancy, cursive fonts are difficult to read. And “hard to read font” translates to “bad resume font.” So, do not use fonts like Vivaldi under any circumstances. If it must be fancy, make it Didot. Pro Tip: Remember that different fonts are easier to essay mentality read on screen and in print. Make sure you choose a font that works both ways. Print out a copy of assessment essay rubrics, your resume to make sure.

Also, when choosing a font size for people's, a resume keep it between 10-12 points . Making your resume font size smaller just to smash in extra information is a big no-no. Choosing a proper resume font is all about making sure your resume is easy on the eyes of whoever is reading it. You’ll also want to make sure that you’re using a universal font. One that will open on every computer and appease Applicant Tracking System (ATS) software. There is some psychology behind how fonts work on the subconscious.

That said, in the world of professional resume fonts, readability is contrast thesis statement king. Have a perfect resume font that didn’t make our list but got you your last job? Share it with us in the comments. Natalie is essay mentality a writer at Uptowork. Graduate Admission Writers? She loves writing about people's mentality, resumes and eating tacos more than life itself.

She spends her free time reading complicated novels and binge watching TV series.

Write My Paper For Me -
Essays on Marx's Theory of Value

3 New Prompts for University of Texas and ApplyTexas essays for Fall 2017. Essay Mentality. To sum them up: Students must write one core, personal-statement type essay about essay, their background (Same Prompt A as before), and three short answers about their Career Plans, Academics and Leadership (under 300 words each.) *Below is the original post I wrote about UT essay requirements in 2016. All advice on how to strategize for Prompt A still applies perfectly. Incoming freshmen no longer need to write essays for Prompts B and C; instead they need to write the new 3 short answer essays (refer to ApplyTexas web site for details). *(Only the advice for Prompt A is still relevant!) ApplyTexas, which handles the applications for the public universities in Texas, as well as many private colleges, has announced on its web site that they have all-new essay prompts for Fall 2017. These new ApplyTexas essays apply to mentality, students who would be starting as freshman in Fall 2017, and applying to schools such as the essay University of Texas at Austin, or its other locations, as well as other Texas colleges. They replaced the mentality three main prompts, called Topic A, Topic B and Topic C, with new questions. Though the ApplyTexas essays don#8217;t specific a word count, I believe a good average for argumentative essays, each essay is people's mentality, around 500 words.

ApplyTexas Essay Prompts A, B and C For U.S. Freshman and International Freshman Applications Slated to replace current ApplyTexas essay choices A, B and C For inclusion in ApplyTexas applications for the 2017-2018 cycle (Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018 opening 8/1/16) (Essays for Summer 2016, Fall 2016, and Spring 2017 Applications are NOT changing.) Topic A: What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person. Topic B: Some students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in essay, an essential way. If you are one of these students, then tell us about yourself. Topic C: You’ve got a ticket in your hand – Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there? If you are just starting brainstorming ideas for these ApplyTexas essays, I have some ideas for you that I have written about in posts about similar essay prompts. And news one for essay people's, you, too!

Topic A: What was the environment in paper, which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person. For Topic A, I would suggest you learn how to write about “the environment in which you were raised” by first thinking about your background. This is also sometime referred to as the essay mentality #8220;world#8221; you come from, or your #8220;roots.#8221; It can mean anything about assessment essay rubrics, your past experiences involving your #8220;family, home, neighborhood, or community.#8221; In essence, I believe this prompt wants you to write about essay people's, something in your background (family, home, neighborhood, or community) that has “shaped” or defined you in some way. As in writing about your “world,” one big tip is to focus your essay and not try to obama, write about more than one of these parts of your background. People's. Pick only one , such as “family” or “community,” and then focus in even more on what you want to say about it. The other advice is to argumentative, not simply describe one of essay these (family, home, neighborhood, etc.), but find something that happened involving those environments that “shaped you as a person.” Hint: To find a mini-story (anecdote) about something that happened that you can use to illustrate how your background shaped you, think back about “times” you faced some type of problem (aka challenge, mistake, set-back, obstacles, change, etc.) Also, try to identify one core value (what you care most about) you developed in handling the problem (Example core values: Integrity, honesty, truth, generosity, gratitude, reverence, kindness, individuality, courage, passion, creativity, open-mindedness, loyalty, fun-loving, etc.) When you write about essay, how your environment shaped you, pick one core quality that you value in essay, life to showcase and a paper your essay will have a strong focus, which you want! Note there are two parts to this question, so you make sure to answer both parts: Describe something from your background (something that happened is essay people's, best!) Explain HOW it shaped you (what you learned related to your core quality) So you could start your essay describing something that happened related to your family, home, neighborhood or community. (The first paragraph or two) Then you could go into how that made you feel, what you thought about it, and then how you responded to it. (Another paragraph or two on acceptance this) In order to explain how it shaped you, then continue by essay mentality, explaining what you learned from essay rubrics that experience#8212;about yourself, others and essay people's mentality even the world. This is where you can reflect, analyze and explain what you learned from dealing with that problem, and also talk about how you either used your core value in the process, or had that core value tested or developed further. (This is the meat of your essay; two or three paragraphs) Did it change you in any way?

If so, share how. Conclude by sharing how you believe you will use or apply whatever you learned about assessment rubrics, yourself and the world in your future goals and dreams. (One paragraph.) Here#8217;s a more specific Sample Outline for Prompt A: Share moment, incident or #8220;a time#8221; from your background when SOMETHING HAPPENED. Include some type of problem. People's. (One to two paragraphs ONLY!) Go back and empirical research describe what led up to this moment (the #8220;back story#8221;). Then explain how you handled the people's mentality problem; the steps you took. Include how you felt. (One to two paragraphs) Share what you learned from handling the assessment rubrics problem. Focus on one core quality that it helped you develop or was tested. What did you learn about essay, yourself?

What did you learn about the world. What was the upside? (One to two paragraphs) Conclusion: Give status update on the problem you shared. Explain again what you learned in a paper for college, one sentence. People's Mentality. Then share how you intend to use what you learned to help you meet your future goals. (One paragraph) To learn more on how to write an graduate admission writers, essay about something from your background that shaped you, check out How to Write a College App Essay in 3 Steps . Topic B: Some students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in essay people's mentality, an essential way. If you are one of these students, then tell us about yourself. Good news on this new prompt! It#8217;s very similar to the first of the five prompts for The Common Application. (You can recycle an paper, idea you had for this Topic B to Prompt 1 of the people's Common App or consider using this essay to inspire your Prompt 1 essay for the Common App!) Read How to Answer Common App Prompt 1 to acceptance essay, get some ideas on how to essay, write about an contrast thesis statement essay, identity, interest or talent you have. Again, it#8217;s crucial to give a sharp focus to your essay, and the best way is to think of people's a specific example or #8220;time#8221; you can use to illustrate something about the identity, interest or talent you want to argumentative essays on drinking and driving, showcase in your essay. Then you can go into essay people's mentality, how it makes you feel, what you learned about it and yourself, the good and bad of it, and why it matters to you. I think this Topic B is your best place of the three new ApplyTexas essays to feature your area of thesis essay interest or what you intend to major in or study in essay mentality, college.

So include that if it fits. For example, if you know you want to study business, try to think of research paper something specific that happened that related to your #8220;interest#8221; in that field. Same with other fields, such as medicine, law, computer science, engineering, nursing, art, etc. Essay Mentality. Not everyone knows what they want to study, and that#8217;s fine. You can still write a great essay for assessment essay rubrics, this prompt.

But if you do know, try to work it in. Essay. The UT, and most colleges, likes students who have a plan! Topic C: You’ve got a ticket in your hand – Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there? Wow! Now this is argumentative on drinking and driving, a fun, almost whacky new prompt!

Since Topic C is playful and creative, this is your chance to display similar qualities in your essay. They want you to use your imagination and people's think out of the box. I believe the a paper goal is to mentality, see your personality, sense of humor and dreams. So the statement essay idea is you can go anywhere you want. It can be your first time there or somewhere you#8217;ve been before.

The most creative part of this prompt is the last question: What will happen when you get there? Yes, you get to totally make up a story. If this stumps you, try thinking up some type of problem that comes up in this place you land. That way you inject some action and interest. Otherwise, you will find yourself simply describing this new place, and that could end up on the dull side. Mentality. By sharing you how handled that problems#8212;be it big or small#8212;your fun little essay will also end up highlighting something about acceptance essay, you. Essay Mentality. That will give it focus and also reveal a piece of you that sets you apart from other students. Have a little fun with this essay.

Maybe your ticket is to Mars. Or to a country of your family#8217;s origin and culture. Or to the town of empirical research a friend you haven#8217;t seen in essay mentality, years. Essay Writers. The ticket could be for any mode of transportation#8212;from airplanes, busses and trains to essay people's mentality, helium balloons and Disneyland. It could even be a ticket to the future, or the past. On Drinking And Driving. Just make sure something happens there, and essay describe how you reacted, dealt with it and learned. Finally, if you know what you want to study or major in at contrast your target Texas college or university, I would try to link your fantasy travel essay to that field. For example, if you want to study biology, maybe imagine time travel back to the days of Darwin and visit the Galapagos Islands. Try to brainstorm places you could #8220;go#8221; where you would be likely to have some type of experience related to your field of interest. This is people's, a terrific opportunity for you to showcase what you want to study in this essay, and most schools love to see this! I really like these new ApplyTexas essays and think they give you an argumentative, opportunity to showcase three distinct parts of yourself.

Make sure that those three parts do show different things about you, and don#8217;t overlap. This is great, thank you! How would one going about writing essay topic S for UT Austin? You refer to essay people's, the #8220;Describe the world you come from#8221; essay, but when you click on the link you can only access the UC#8217;s current application advice, not the previous application which included that prompt. Can you link to an archive of that advice? Hi, Thanks for the heads up. I changed the research paper link so it goes to the old post on how to essay, Describe the World You Come From. This post was written for essay, the old UC prompts, so don#8217;t use it for the University of California.

However, the ideas in essay people's mentality, this post on how to write about your background could be very helpful for writing for ApplyTexas Prompt A. Hope this helps! JR. Thank you so much! Really helped make these essays a breeze. Thanks so much! So glad they helped. That made my day!

Yes thank you so much for putting the time and effort into this it truly did help me write my essays especially with topic A where I followed the format you proposed #128578; My life has been strangely untroubled and I need some inspiration. What is purchase a paper for college, some advice for teens who#8217;ve never experienced anything tragic or life changing? Thank You for essay people's, the ideas. I was having trouble on how to write the essays, but You guys explained it all clearly to research, me. Essay People's. As a professional writing coach, I help students, parents, counselors, teachers and others from around the world on essay these dreaded essays! Learn about my in-person and online tutoring, editing, workshops, books, and people's mentality online courses, . READ MORE. . Learn to assessment, Write Your Essay in One Hour! My on-demand, fast-and-easy online e-course: How to essay mentality, Write a College App Essay (Click lightbulb for details.) Perfect for The Common App, UCs, grad school, transfer and statement scholarship essays!

Click book image to learn about all four of my popular writing guides!

Write My Paper For Me -
Celluloid Blackboard: Teaching History with Film

essay profile sample Professional Writer and Editor. The following piece appeared in mentality the Spring, 2002 issue of Research and Creative Activity magazine, a publication from Indiana University. Y ou give me anything, any area, from the stock market to biology, and I’ll show you where partial differential equations appear. The voice of Jacob Koby Rubinstein, professor of mathematics at purchase a paper for college, IU Bloomington, bursts with enthusiasm as he points at the door to his office and launches into an explanation of how math figures in door manufacturing.

And that’s just the essay people's mentality, beginning. Farming, emotions, food, clothing—there seems to be no end to Rubinstein’s examples of how mathematics affects research and production. After explaining how math has helped makers of garage doors understand why a certain bar tended to assessment break in the same place over and over again, he moves on to economics. In the essay, stock market, the main tool for the options market is partial differential equations, he says. Now, every main brokerage firm is employing mathematicians and physicists to solve partial differential equations arising in the stock market. R ubinstein, who came to Bloomington from Technion Israeli Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel, has made a career out of connecting the ethereal world of higher math to the concrete world in which we live. Paper? An applied mathematician, Rubinstein has analyzed problems ranging from the essay people's, behavior of superconductors at compare contrast thesis, extremely low temperatures to the behavior of human beings in highly complex situations. (One example of essay his work in thesis the latter area concerns auction theory, a subset of a field known as game theory).

But Rubinstein’s primary area of research is optics, including the creation of eyeglass lenses. Intuition might suggest that the design of lenses for microscopes, telescopes, and cameras involves much more complex calculations than lenses for a pair of spectacles. But Rubinstein counters this presumption. Even though they look very simple, modern eyeglasses are a very complicated object, because the mentality, eye scans in many different directions, he explains. With a camera, there’s one lens, and you look straight through it. Some eyeglasses have the purchase a paper, added complexity of people's mentality bifocal or trifocal lenses that have no distinct line separating them. Designing and manufacturing such lenses requires the essay rubrics, use of partial differential equations, an area of math frequently employed in the optimizing process. The surface curves of mentality a lens determine how light is refracted through that lens. The goal in designing a multifocal lens is to provide eyeglasses that give the compare contrast thesis, wearer a clear view of all depths—a book, a computer screen, the house next door, or a distant mountain. Solving partial differential equations reveals the complex curves needed in the surface of the lens for producing the optimal refraction of light for this purpose.

The optimization process leads to equations so complicated that they cannot be solved without the aid of powerful computers. T o get an idea of essay people's mentality how these equations work in an optimization process, imagine an irregularly shaped loop of wire—what might result from obama speech, bending a coat hanger so that it was clearly no longer all in one plane. When that loop is people's mentality dipped into soapy water and removed slowly, a film will stretch across the space bounded by the closed loop of obama essay wire, and this film will naturally form a surface that exhibits the people's, optimal curves for using the least amount of soap film. This optimization process happens spontaneously in nature, but for humans to artificially construct a complex surface of admission essay writers this type in the optimal shape requires the use of partial differential equations. Rubinstein’s efforts in this area have brought him two patents, with several more pending. One patent concerns measuring lenses, the other is related to mentality the design of multi-focal progressive lenses. Optics research today remains largely within the domain of industry, but Rubinstein points out graduate that the IU School of Optometry in Bloomington provides an exception to essay the rule. I’m very impressed by the research activity at the School of Optometry here, he says. These people are undoubtedly one of the argumentative on drinking, leading groups in the world. He is equally impressed by the Department of Mathematics in Bloomington, which he joined in 2001.

It’s a really good group of people, he says, and they have a very strong tradition of work in applied math. In fluid mechanics, for essay, example, which is one of the most difficult areas in science, Indiana University is one of the strongest places on earth. F or Rubinstein, the essay, distinction between applied and theoretical research often becomes blurred. It is very difficult to predict what kind of mathematical work is essay going to be applied, he says. But the appeal of having a tangible impact drives Rubinstein, as it did in his initial work on eyeglasses. It was, for me, very attractive, he says.

I do some mathematics, maybe write some software, and then I will have something I can feel, that I can hold in my hand, that will provide a cure for some eyesight problems. This sample is actually two profiles of the same person. The Indiana University Foundation has a newsletter called new ground that has both a print version and an online version. The print version has a short piece which prods people to go online to see the full story. E ddie Kominowski started working at the Foundation during his junior year as an undergraduate in Bloomington. Now, just over obama acceptance essay a decade later, he is stepping into the position of Regional Director of Development in Major Gifts. He comes to the job after successfully helping South Bend kickoff its first $5 million capital campaign. Major gifts—donations of $25,000 or more—come from people who have the means to essay people's mentality support us and the interest in doing so, Eddie explains. It’s my job to continue the relationships we have and to build new ones. This Hoosier native comes from a family that values education—both his parents, who are IU alums, and his brother are schoolteachers—and his work allows him to essay have an impact on the education of others. Plus, for Eddie, working at the Foundation means you get to work with the best—you’re surrounded by essay people's people at one of the top foundations in obama the country.

For the full story go to the new ground web site. W hen Eddie Kominowski greets you, he beams—a huge, warm smile spreads across his face and his eyes twinkle. It quickly becomes clear that he has a talent for connecting with people. As newly appointed Regional Director of Development in Major Gifts, he will be using this talent. My job is to build relationships, he says, and he has been doing precisely that since first working at the Foundation during his undergraduate days in Bloomington. Eddie’s first project with the Foundation, which came during his junior year in essay people's 1990, was to argumentative and driving update the Directory of mentality Services. By the time he was done, he knew the admission essay, Foundation inside and out. (He also points out that the directory he produced is people's still being used over a decade later.) After earning a Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, he began working fulltime on capital campaigns in Bloomington.

In recognition of his abilities in this area, he was later tapped to work on obama, the kickoff of South Bend’s first $5 million capital campaign. N ow, Eddie has returned to Bloomington to work on major gifts, which are donations that exceed $25,000. It’s my job to go out and find the people here in Indiana who have the essay people's, means to support us and the interest in doing so, the lifelong Hoosier explains. He then helps potential donors make contact with people at the university. Every case is unique, he says, because it’s personal. Raising money for the university has tangible results for Eddie, and the framed photo in his office of South Bend students who received scholarships makes it all very real and present for him. Something I did actually had an impact on them, he says. Eddie intends to continue having an impact on people through generating support for IU.

Higher education in the United States provides opportunities for people to break out of whatever is holding them back, he says, and that’s the value of education. The following piece is graduate writers a sample of a short profile of an individual. It runs slightly over 300 words. “O ne good way to stop the conversation at a dinner party is to say that I’m a math professor. If anyone responds at people's mentality, all, it’s simply to say, ‘I hated math.’ Then silence follows until someone changes the subject.” Dr. Admission Essay Writers? Peter Sternberg, Professor of essay mentality Mathematics at Indiana University, laughs as he shares this observation. He goes on to stress that he loves his work—both teaching and empirical paper conducting research—despite the frustration he encounters when he tries to discuss it with friends.

Discussing it with students is another matter, and essay mentality he strives to stay “aware of which points in a discussion are going to be hard for the students to graduate admission writers understand.” Prof. Sternberg brought an impressive educational history with him when he joined the IU faculty in 1988. After graduating as valedictorian from his southern California high school, he attended the University of California at people's mentality, Berkeley. Before graduating with honors from Berkeley, he was accepted to contrast essay the Courant Institute at essay, New York University, the foremost place in the world for research into purchase for college, Prof. Sternberg’s area of interest: partial differential equations. Here he worked under the tutelage of the eminent mathematician, Prof.

Robert Kohn. After obtaining his Ph.D. from NYU, he switched coasts once again to pursue post-doctoral work at Stanford University with Prof. Joe Keller, a world-renowned applied mathematician. Applied mathematicians use mathematical models that correspond to real problems from another discipline, such as physics, while theoretical mathematicians explore concepts that do not necessarily have any connection to the physical world. Prof. Sternberg, for essay people's mentality, example, uses partial differential equations to study how magnetic fields affect superconductors. Unlike most professors, who clearly align themselves in one camp or the contrast thesis statement, other, Prof. Sternberg “straddles the fence” between applied work and essay people's mentality theory. Obama Speech Essay? He uses applications to help direct the thrusts of his research, but he feels drawn to the theoretical side. “For me, the aesthetic is important. I put a really high premium on elegance.” The following piece is mentality a sample of purchase a paper for college a long profile of an individual.

It runs between 1200 and 1300 words. J ust saying the word, “mathematics,” to people brings forth a multitude of essay mentality reactions. Essay? In many cases, memories of the people's mentality, emotional trauma caused by high school algebra and trigonometry instantly produces shudders. Others, some of graduate essay whom were born with a natural talent for people's mentality, math, remember it as the easy part of college entrance exams. Among these, there are the rare few who find themselves seduced by its beauty. They spend their lives exploring the far reaches of this always unfolding universe, which spans the range from the solidly concrete and utterly pragmatic to the purely theoretical and entirely ethereal.

Dr. Peter Sternberg, Professor of Mathematics at Indiana University, is one of these people—he loves math. In Prof. Sternberg’s case, an aptitude for mathematics runs through his veins. His father, Dr. Eli Sternberg was an engineering professor at argumentative essays, the California Institute of mentality Technology. Nevertheless, it was not always clear that the son would follow his father’s career choice.

After being mesmerized by the televised congressional hearings about Watergate, Prof. Rubrics? Sternberg had found his idols: Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, the Washington Post reporters credited with unearthing so much of the people's, scandal. Compare Contrast Thesis Statement Essay? During high school, as editor of the school paper, Prof. Sternberg was ever diligent in his efforts to essay people's mentality expose any wrongdoing at the school. At one point, a rumor surfaced that $600 was missing from the school fund for clubs. The newspaper pounded away at the story until the matter was cleared up: a bookkeeping error—something much less dramatic than the editor may have hoped.

A fter graduating as his high school’s valedictorian, Prof. Research? Sternberg began his undergraduate work at the University of California at Berkeley. Always interested in math, but still feeling the effects of being bit by the journalism bug, he hedged his bets. During his first two years he chose courses that could lead to people's either a math degree or an statement essay, English degree. People's? In the end, math won out, due in part to a professor whose style was reminiscent of the law professor played by John Houseman in the movie, The Paper Chase . Essay? This professor would write something on the board, then whirl around and bark, “Sternberg!

What’s the answer to essay mentality this?” “I loved going there,” Prof. On Drinking And Driving? Sternberg recalls, “even though it was terrifying.” This class joined with others to make what Prof. Essay Mentality? Sternberg regarded as a “spectacular, just phenomenal program.” Before graduating from Berkeley with honors, he was accepted into admission writers, the doctoral program at the Courant Institute of New York University, the foremost place in the world for research into Prof. Sternberg’s area of interest: partial differential equations. Here he worked under the tutelage of the eminent mathematician, Prof. Robert Kohn. After obtaining his Ph.D. from NYU, he switched coasts once again to pursue post-doctoral work at Stanford University with Prof.

Joe Keller, a world-renowned applied mathematician. Two years later, he took a tenure-track position at IU, and people's gained promotion to full professor ten years after that. Simply stating that the field of mathematics involves highly specialized areas of study fails miserably to convey the isolated nature of essay research into higher math. Every department at a university has professors working on “highly specialized areas of study,” but in almost any other field, all the members of a department can easily follow any paper presented. Not so in math. Many of the people's, professors in a math department cannot comprehend the work of their peers, because the branches of study can lead in extremely disparate and secluded directions. It is no wonder, then, that most people outside the field remain in the dark concerning the research work done by mathematicians. One result of this, comments Prof.

Sternberg is that announcing his profession at a dinner party is “one good way to stop the conversation. If anyone responds at all, it’s simply to say, ‘I hated math.’ Then silence follows until someone changes the subject.” S o, what does it mean to do mathematical research? Perhaps the best place to start is to say that mathematicians solve problems. Describing in detail these problems that they solve might be extremely difficult, but one important distinction can be made easily. The field is research paper generally broken into applied mathematics and theoretical mathematics. Research into applied math involves studying mathematical models which correspond to real problems from essay people's mentality, another discipline, such as physics. Prof. Research Paper? Sternberg, for example, uses partial differential equations to study how magnetic fields affect superconductors.

Strictly theoretical research, in contrast, focuses on mathematical concepts without any concern for a connection to something in the physical world. Essay? As with many such divisions, the distinction becomes blurry in some instances. Work done in applied math sometimes stimulates new research that is purchase a paper strictly theoretical; likewise, some theoretical discoveries have practical applications never foreseen by the researchers involved. Unlike most professors, who clearly align themselves in one camp or the other, Prof. People's Mentality? Sternberg “straddles the research, fence” between applied work and theory. He uses applications to help direct the thrusts of his research, but he feels drawn to the theoretical side. “For me, the aesthetic is important. I put a really high premium on elegance. It’s got to be something very clean.”

Conducting research is only part of the mentality, job, of course; there are classroom duties as well. Teaching has been particularly rewarding and empirical research paper satisfying to Prof. Sternberg, who has adopted a strikingly different approach from the confrontational professor he liked so much at Berkeley. By focusing his efforts on finding the areas in any subject that are most likely to cause problems for people's, students, he makes the process of learning math as user-friendly as possible. “I think a lot of teaching has to do with being able to assessment essay be aware of essay people's which points in acceptance a discussion are going to be hard for the students to understand. It sounds obvious, but I think most people can’t do that. Most people don’t realize when they’re going over something that’s going to trip people up. They just fly right through it.” His appreciation of the difficulty many people have with math was fostered in part by his work directing an experimental program at NYU that taught remedial math to students with very weak math backgrounds. W orking as a professor has the added benefit of allowing Prof. Sternberg to engage in mentality two of his favorite pastimes: traveling and attending major league baseball games. Rubrics? His search for “elegance,” which has led him all over essay mentality the globe, dovetails neatly with his penchant for visiting distant lands.

Not inclined to pursue research independently, he has fostered collaborative relationships with mathematicians in Chile, Israel, Japan, and thesis statement essay England. On top of this, conferences lure him to destinations around the world as well as across the country. It is on these trips within the U.S. that he sometimes has the opportunity to indulge in his passion for people's, baseball. Originally a fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers , the team closest to his childhood home in southern California, Prof. Sternberg switched his loyalties to the New York Mets while in graduate school at assessment rubrics, NYU. When he came to New York, they were the worst team in all of baseball, but as he was finishing his dissertation, they were in the last leg of a season that would culminate with winning the World Series.

Caught up in the excitement of essay people's mentality their success, Prof. Sternberg mentioned the compare essay, Mets in people's the acknowledgements for his dissertation and speech essay thanked them for mentality, “providing inspiration with their many victories this season.” The following piece is a sample of purchase a profile of mentality a small business. In this case the profile focuses on the history of the and driving, owners. B CS Advertising, “a small, creative team with a big focus on customer service and results,” has been providing Bloomington and Indianapolis with advertising and marketing expertise for essay people's mentality, over 15 years. Run by Paul Smedberg and statement essay Jeannette Brown, BCS can claim credit for some of the sharpest and most effective web sites for local companies and organizations. Essay People's Mentality? A visit to their site (www.bcs-advertising.com) leads into a portfolio of sites they have created.

It becomes clear rather quickly that this creative team is speech not just another one of the thousands of web site design companies that have sprung into existence in recent years. The sites are invariably crisp, clear, easy to use, and engaging. In some cases, BCS not only designed the site, they also designed the logo, wrote the copy, and mentality provided the photography. Beyond being Internet specialists, they also work in argumentative essays and driving other media and offer public relations services. Plus, their composition department takes book or periodical manuscripts and prepares them for publication. This last service harks back to the company’s origins. BCS stands for Brown Composition Systems, a company started by Ms. Brown in the early 1980’s. A native Virginian, her family moved to Bloomington when she was young. Now her children ride their bikes along the same neighborhood streets she did as a child.

In the 1970’s, after graduating from IU with a liberal arts degree and essay pursuing graduate work in graphic design, she took a job with a typesetting company and came to be responsible for purchase a paper, quality control. Prior to the proliferation of essay people's word processing and desktop publishing, a huge and steady market existed for professional typesetting. It turns out empirical research that the company she worked for, which specialized in producing non-fiction texts, was co-founded by Mr. Smedberg. Y oung companies that grow fast cannot avoid taking risks. In the case of this typesetting company, the essay people's, risk was depending excessively on one client.

In business school textbook fashion, this risk proved dangerous: at one point the steady flow of work ceased. Chaos ensued. In the aftermath, Ms. Brown and Mr. Argumentative On Drinking And Driving? Smedberg each decided to start out on their own. While she started Brown Composition Systems, he started Smedberg Information Systems, a media conversion service. Understanding this business necessitates a knowledge of the early history of the computer revolution.

Before Microsoft Windows—before even MS-DOS—computers could not speak so easily to each other. Media conversion was the business of providing the expertise and equipment to bridge the gap between computers from different companies or from mentality, different sections within the same company. As the need for this service receded, Mr. Smedberg found himself drifting back to one of his early pursuits: advertising and marketing. A native of the Chicago suburb of Morton Grove, Mr. Purchase? Smedberg got his first taste of the power of effective marketing during junior high school. The advertisements for his lawn-mowing service generated an essay people's, enthusiastic response.

The ads might have led customers to expect something more professional-looking than this crew of eighth-graders, Mr. Smedberg recalls, but no one complained about the results. Compare? This entrepreneurial spirit along with his knack for marketing savvy led Mr. Smedberg to find ways to essay people's mentality fund himself while a student at purchase a paper for college, IU in the 1970’s. A friend invented a small rear-view mirror that would attach to a cyclist’s glasses, and Mr. Smedberg successfully managed the marketing. Later, he founded the Nashville and Brown County Guide. “I worked every other weekend for people's mentality, six months,” he remembers, “and it paid all of my expenses for speech, a year.” With an experience like this under his belt, it is not surprising that he would start other companies. “The longest job I ever had was nine months,” he reveals. Essay People's? “I got fired from it, and that was the best thing that ever happened to me. I can’t say I was happy at the time, but at some point I realized that I was never going to assessment work for anyone ever again.” Later, as Smedberg Information Systems found itself moving in the advertising direction, a decision was made to merge with Brown Composition Systems to mentality form BCS Advertising.

Ultimately, the merger extended beyond business boundaries, and Mr. Smedberg and Ms. Brown got married. I t has been a fruitful partnership. “Our talents dovetail perfectly,” Mr. Smedberg explains, “she’s left brain dominant, and I’m right brain.” Ms. Brown handles much of the empirical research, nuts and bolts administrative duties and all of the composition work. Mr.

Smedberg is the master of computer-generated graphics and marketing theory, and essay people's mentality he does most of the writing. Thesis Essay? They throw their creative forces together to devise many of their advertising strategies and also share the graphic design duties, though Mr. Smedberg handles this task for people's, most of their clients. Whenever he produces the initial design, Ms. Brown provides criticism and in all cases she uses her quality control skills to make sure everything is in for college proper order. If the creation of people's mentality a web site requires programming work, that duty also falls to Ms. Brown. On a whim during her college days, she took a beginning course in acceptance computer programming. Shortly after finishing the course she went with a friend to spend a few days relaxing at a farm. To her surprise, she discovered that the farmer was attempting to devise a program to manage milk deliveries—using the same language she had just studied and the same type of computer! (Remember, this was two decades ago, before Microsoft was ubiquitous.) Unable to resist the opportunity to help debug the program, Ms. Brown spent two solid days working on the computer with the farmer. “This is when I knew I was hooked,” she says, “programming was no longer an abstract exercise—it had a direct and tangible impact on someone’s life.”

Looking to the future, BCS Advertising intends to stay “a small, creative team.” Their formula has worked well and people's there are no plans to change it. As with any small business, the flow of work arrives in purchase for college waves, but manageable ones—“Never really feast, and never really famine,” says Mr. Smedberg. The rhythm is fine with him. The slow periods give him more time for his family and his independent projects, and when the work comes in, he looks forward to it, because, as he says, “Advertising is fun!” The following piece is a sample of a profile of a small business.

In this case the profile focuses on the business's characteristics. G iven how many small businesses fail, there is always something to essay people's be learned from those that succeed. BCS Advertising of paper Bloomington, still going strong after 15 years, provides a case in point. The basic formula for this company’s success can be stated rather succinctly: Provide a high quality product at a reasonable price and back it up with exemplary service. Of course, formulas such as this are easily stated, but not so easily enacted.

Paul Smedberg and Jeannette Brown, who run BCS, have managed to create an advertising and marketing company that makes this strategy a reality. One characteristic that they use to essay people's mentality their advantage is their size. Writers? Being small enables BCS to provide an unusually high level of access to their clients. Communication between a customer and the creative team never gets filtered through an essay people's mentality, account executive, because BCS has no account executives. Mr. Smedberg notes that “the people who write and present the graduate, proposal are the same people who do the majority of the work. Plus, when a client calls with a question, opportunity, or idea, we can provide quick information and people's execution.” This means that their clients have what Mr. Smedberg calls “a marketing brain on a leash.” On top of this personalized service, they also make a blanket guarantee: the compare thesis statement, customer will be completely satisfied . Web sites are not launched and printed pieces are not printed until the customer says they are perfect.

Mr. Smedberg stresses this point, “We will fix or re-do it until the customer is satisfied.” K eeping customers satisfied is one thing: finding them in the first place is something else. In an effort to people's attract new clients, BCS charges nothing for an initial meeting. Some of these meetings result in no further contact, but when the contrast thesis statement essay, client expresses interest in essay people's their services, they seize the opportunity. After laboring diligently to prepare a thorough proposal, they meet the a paper for college, client again to present an outline of the project along with the anticipated costs. Experience has shown that this is an investment that pays off. Putting a strong effort into their initial proposals more often than not has meant securing a new client. A large part of what BCS offers their customers is people's mentality electronic media and Internet marketing. In fact, this accounts for about half of their sales, the a paper for college, other half being mostly printed materials, magazine ads, and people's mentality direct mail campaigns. A visit to their web site (www.bcs-advertising.com) leads into a portfolio of sites they have created.

It becomes clear rather quickly that this creative team is assessment essay not just another one of the thousands of mentality web site design companies that have sprung into existence in recent years. The sites are invariably crisp, clear, easy to empirical paper use, and engaging. In some cases, BCS not only designed the site, they also designed the logo, wrote the copy, and provided the photography. Having skills in print media as well as electronic media enables BCS to help clients save money by mentality producing both simultaneously. Much of the copy and design work created for a web site can be used to make a brochure at the same time at a fraction of the normal cost. But that is only one of the ways BCS tries to control costs for their customers. They also keep their prices down by refusing to follow the argumentative and driving, standard advertising agency practice of marking up printing and media purchases.

Additionally, they have begun setting up some clients with Just-In-Time (JIT) printing, which involves preparing computer files that are used in the customer’s own office. This approach changes the economics of producing multi-colored materials in small quantities. The cost of producing such work on printing presses has always made ordering small quantities prohibitive, but with JIT printing, once the people's mentality, file is empirical research paper prepared, all a customer needs besides a standard computer is people's a high quality color printer and purchase for college the right paper. People's? Furthermore, BCS can train a client’s staff to make simple changes to contrast thesis essay existing pieces—a brochure could be continuously updated or customized for a specific purpose each time before it is essay people's mentality printed. Companies of all sizes can save money with this approach.

T he services already mentioned are only a part of what BCS offers their wide array of contrast essay clients. Their composition department takes book or periodical manuscripts and prepares them for publication. They have experience producing videos and recently completed a series of three 15-minute videos on teachers’ professional development programs in people's mentality Texas, Ohio, and Kansas. They also can provide a full range of public relations services and work both in business-to-consumer and speech business-to-business advertising. Clients, who are all from within Indiana and are mainly from Bloomington and essay people's Indianapolis, include not-for-profit and public sector organizations in addition to argumentative and driving businesses. Though BCS does not target a particular industry, a significant portion of their work has come from real estate companies, who have needed brochures and web sites for developments, apartment complexes, and mentality commercial properties. The indispensable element that must underlie all of these advertising efforts is good marketing theory. Mr. Smedberg discovered his knack for and attraction to essay the art of essay people's selling during childhood when the advertisements he made for his lawn-mowing service generated an enthusiastic response. Over the years he has developed the following basic orientation as a starting place for most clients: “We usually look at advertising from the point of empirical view of increasing sales.

We look at the channels an organization takes to reach potential customers. We look at which channels are most cost-effective. Which types of people's mentality advertising have worked in the past? How are customers retained, or how can they become bigger customers?” The next step depends on the individual circumstances. For example, he says, “In many cases, a campaign of press releases to trade publications is a highly cost-effective method of generating interest in a new product or service.”

B y combining their talents with a commitment to and driving service and to keeping costs down, Paul Smedberg and Jeannette Brown have made BCS Advertising into essay people's, a successful small business. Plus, they have done this in a highly competitive market where there is a general tendency among customers to do business with larger agencies. These two show us that bigger is not always better, and they aptly describe themselves as “a small, creative team with a big focus on customer service and results.”